PAI is seeking a personable and up-beat individual looking for career progression. If you like working with people, have outstanding customer service skills, take ownership of your work and want to work with a firm that is committed to its employees, you’re the kind of candidate we want to hear from.
The position we seek to fill is for an Association Manager, ideal for someone with several years of association management experience, and looking to develop professionally. The individual in this role will be working with a large international scientific society on an array of membership, committee, and meeting support tasks. This role involves some international travel.
If you’re new to the job market, or have no familiarity with associations/not-for-profits, this position really isn’t for you. This is not an entry-level position. The right candidate is someone with association management experience or familiarity with not-for-profits/AMCs.
The Association Manager is responsible for:
- Assuming major responsibility for key aspects of association programs, by being the principal staff person for membership, committees, publications, and conferences, and supervising associated support personnel or independent contractors.
- Interacting with current and prospective members of client associations, intra-office coordination of efforts related to membership administration, recruiting and development; providing support to members, maintaining membership records, and answering questions about membership status/benefits.
- Managing assigned meetings, including participating in the meeting strategic planning process; marketing the conference; managing the in-office registration process and the on-site registration desk; working with exhibitors and sponsors; managing abstract submissions; preparing on-site handouts and related materials; and shipping materials to meetings as well as assisting the Director of Meetings as needed.
- Managing client websites and website content, and any related technology solutions.
- Assisting one or more account executives to prepare for board meetings, including preparation of briefing materials and draft minutes.
- Responsibility for other general office duties, including membership database maintenance and files organization.
The full job description can be downloaded from https://tinyurl.com/zah79fb
What we offer
Free parking, flexible hours, and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, tuition reimbursement, commuting assistance, and more. A great work environment with friendly people. An interest in your professional development and the necessary support to go with it. EOE.
How to apply
Qualified candidates please e-mail cover letter, résumé, salary history and requirements to email@example.com. A cover letter expressing your interest in the position and relevant skills is essential and an application without one will not be considered. Please read carefully what we're asking for and respond accordingly.