Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field and four years of accounting experience ; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Some public accounting and/or experience in governmental accounting preferred.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Preferred Licenses or Certifications:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Required Knowledge of:
• Generally accepted accounting principles and practices including GAAP, GAS, FASB, and GASB.
• Accounting processes, procedures and internal control design.
• Automated enterprise-wide accounting systems and software, with complex data structures, for processing and reporting of financial transactions.
• Critical thinking, and advanced problem solving skills.
• Industry principles and practices of assigned area.
• Routine and ad hoc report preparation and presentation, working with report parameters and developing queries and data extraction.
• Principles and procedures of budget processes, financial record keeping, storage and document management.
• Analytical review techniques over transactions, account balances, reconciliations and reports
• Excel (Advanced level)
• Mathematical principles
• Pertinent local, state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances
• Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Customer service methods and techniques.
Required Skill in:
• Operating automated financial management systems as well as word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
• Working with complex chart of account structures and subsidiary ledgers and preparing a variety of complex financial and administrative reports.
• Understanding technical accounting and industry concepts and directions and performance of professional accounting functions.
• Identifying and researching complex accounting issues/problems and make recommendations to resolve them.
• Applying or interpreting agency policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Written and oral communication, including ability to summarize and document analysis, conclusions, policies and procedures in a concise and readable manner by others.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public.
• Performing complicated mathematical calculations and analyses.
• Applying strong communication, organization and time management skills.
• Planning and organizing work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
• Identifying and resolving general problems in a timely manner using sound judgment.
• Responding to general inquiries using effective oral and written communication.
• Leading the operations, programs, and services of accounting specialty area.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Work is performed in a standard office environment.
• Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds; may occasionally be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme weather, physical harm, and extreme noise when working out of the office at bus yards, train yards, and other off site locations.
The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required. It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees.
Apply online: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/soundtransit/default.cfm
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value workplace diversity. We seek to create an environment and culture that embraces the differences of our employees. You will find an exceptionally diverse group of people at Sound Transit with regard to culture, beliefs, communication styles, and life and work experiences.
All qualified applicants are considered in accordance with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, marital status or veteran status or any another legally protected status.