Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize own work and multitask.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgement in making decisions.
- Demonstrates experience in working independently and as part of a team.
- Relevant subject matter knowledge.
- Knowledge of athletic equipment and its proper use.
- Managerial experience.
- The ability to work flexible and irregular hours and travel including weekends and Holidays.
- Two years working in an athletic equipment room.
- Experience with Nike (or equivalent company) with GAMEDAY or their online ordering system.
- Experience with ACS (or equivalent) inventory control system.
- AEMA (Athletic equipment manager’s association) certification.
- Experience with athletic laundry.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
All Athletic Department positions share responsibility for promoting and maintaining the integrity and reputation of Stanford University and its intercollegiate athletics program. In fulfilling this responsibility of this position the person hired is required to comply with both the letter and spirit of all University policies and procedures, laws, and NCAA and Pacific-12 rules and regulations.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Candidates should submit a cover letter, links to work samples and resume via the website http://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu/job-search.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check that includes employment history, national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, a credit check and/or driving record.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.