- Prepares and/ or coordinates monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts to report timely and accurate financial data;
- Reviews project financial performance for revenue recognition purpose;
- Facilitates month end close in a timely manner, including preparation of various journal entries;
- Prepares all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets and reports for government regulatory agencies;
- Reviews financial reports to identify issues;
- Assists in annual operations budgets;
- Prepares overhead schedules for reporting to federal and state agencies;
- Coordinates with various external audit efforts such as the year-end financial statement audit, overhead audits;
- Liaises with and coordinates responses to external auditors;
- Manages assigned accounting staff, including workflow analysis;
- Ensures accounting policies are in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, Federal Acquisition Regulations and tax requirements;
- Reviews and keeps up-to-date the policies and procedures relating to accounting areas assigned;
- Participates in the development, modification and review of accounting systems, reporting methods, and controls. Coordinates accounting functions with IT as necessary;
- Other areas as needed to support corporate strategic goals.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.