The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, (ASAPS) a 2,600 member nonprofit organization, is seeking a Social Media Manager. The Social Media Manager is responsible for executing a variety of initiatives to leverage the organization’s public relations efforts, consumer and member marketing and education efforts and various annual meetings to maximize exposure and generate measurable results.
Community engagement in this role is critical and we are seeking someone with at least 4 – 5 years of social media experience, (preferably in-house) who can leverage their expertise to elevate the social media channels ASAPS has established by driving home our core messages of patient safety and education and reaching new and appropriate audiences.
- Planning and goal setting, including the development of a social media marketing plan to include:
- Content strategy
- Promotion strategy
- Engagement strategy
- ROI assessment strategy to include KPIs, (audience growth, profile, and engagement as well as content reach, response rate and quality).
- Further develop brand awareness and online reputation
- Content creation and management
- Create and publish relevant, original, high-quality content
- Manage all published content, (images, video and written)
- Improve tactical implementation techniques (as appropriate)
- Create and implement a regular publishing schedule based on current best practices for each of ASAPS’ social channels Create and implement a content editorial calendar to manage consumer marketing campaigns, meeting promotions, annual statistics, media coverage, etc.
- Monitor, listen and respond to users on all social channels
- Promote content through social advertising
- Explore opportunities to expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts
- Oversee design aspects of social media, (including Facebook timeline covers and profile pics, thumbnails, ads, Twitter profile, etc.)
- Report on measurable results on a monthly basis and tweak strategy as needed
- Reports to the Director of Marketing and Public Education
- Works with other staff on a regular basis as-needed
- Coordinates with social media tool providers