This Executive Assistant (EA) position requires exceptional and proven organizational, administrative and communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task. The EA provides all administrative support to the Executive Director ., but will support and take on projects assigned by other department Directors, when necessary. While there is ample opportunity to learn and work on various Academy initiatives, the core of this position is administrative. This is a small office environment where everyone wears multiple hats on a daily basis and works closely together.
- Manage all administrative needs of the Executive Director, including ED schedule, communications, travel and organization of all initiatives.
- Responsive and timely entry and update of information into database(s) and ensure record keeping across multiple databases.
- Maintain and update office Calendar, indicating meetings, travel and other special events that may be updated on a day-to-day basis.
- Board meeting planning and organizational support, including preparation of meeting agendas, compilation and distribution of meeting materials and post-meeting follow-up.
- Plans, organizes, and executes staff and Board meetings; distributes agendas for meetings; coordinates dates/times for multi-party conference calls; drafts summaries of all meetings and calls, follows-up with participants.
- Help in preparation of presentations, talking points and speeches for the ED.
- Assistance with the preparation of spreadsheets and budgets.
- Drafting of correspondence, announcements, and other documents, as needed.
- Managing workflow and priorities by proactive planning and anticipating steps ahead.
- Providing leverage in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating and tracking of responsibilities.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain working knowledge of all office equipment, programs and technology.
- Answer phone calls, process mail, purchase and maintain office supplies.
- Interface with vendors to coordinate office services and contracts (IT, phone, etc.).
- Advise in the decisions relating to new programs, technology or equipment as needed to keep the Academy current.
- Assist Finance Manager with general accounting duties as needed, including dues processing and protocol updates.
- Conduct web searches and collect information on various projects.
- High level of professionalism, confidence, tact and diplomacy.
- 2+ years of administrative experience supporting senior level management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Excel, Power Point and Adobe Creative suites.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Sharepoint and other file sharing sites preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Less than 10%. Must be available to travel to annual meeting the week after Thanksgiving.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The Academy offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and sick leave, and an emphasis on work/life balance.