AAAE is looking for a Manager, Meetings that will be responsible for managing various aspects of logistics for conferences, meetings, educational programs, and webinars produced by AAAE, assisting with the annual conference logistics. Responsible for managing and planning approximately 14-18 meetings per year, including managing specific areas of the association’s annual conference.
Significant areas of responsibilities include logistic planning, budgeting, and hotel contract negotiations. This position has independent responsibility for multi-faceted meetings and projects that often overlap and require management of multiple meetings simultaneously. The ability to make sound decisions while supporting the AAAE mission is essential in this role.
The position is accountable for a stringent budget in program spending and responsible for overall success of external meetings both logistically and financially. Post event payment, invoicing and financial reporting, marketing review, and registration date base tracking and monitoring.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Locates meeting sites and negotiates all requisite contracts including hotels, special event venues, transportation, interpreters, audio visual equipment, restaurants, caterers, decorators, entertainment, etc.
- Works with all involved departments to develop and implement meetings
- Manages conference budgets and projections
- Complete RFP, manage responses, select sites and negotiate all requisite contracts
- Coordinates food and beverage/audio visual for meetings
- Works with key staff to coordinate sponsorship and marketing for meetings
- Creates and maintains meetings’ websites in iMIS
- Organizes and handles registration for meetings
- Creates badges, signs, and other paper products for meetings
- Serves as primary contact for meetings
- Collaborates with staff liaisons responsible for the program and content
- Provides on-site staff support as needed at meetings
- Oversees master account of meetings to ensure within budget parameters
- Organizes ancillary meeting events
- Oversees reconciliations after meetings
- Maintains history of performance for all meetings
- Position requires travel
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.