Marietta College is an independent, selective, coeducational, residential, liberal arts college of 1,200 graduate and undergraduate students located in the historic river city of Marietta, Ohio. The city of 15,000 is part of a larger metro area of 150,000 located about two hours from Columbus and Pittsburgh.
The College traces its roots to 1797, was formally chartered in 1835, and was awarded a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in 1860, only the 16th institution in the nation then so honored. Today, Marietta College is recognized annually by the U.S. News and World Report as one of the top regional liberal arts colleges in the Midwest, while the community is regularly cited for its high quality of life and reasonable cost of living.
Marietta College seeks a part-time volleyball assistant instructor and coach. The position is designed to provide future head coaches with a rich blend of coaching and administrative experience at a competitive NCAA, Division III private college. This 10-month, administrative, part-time position includes a stipend of $15,500 and the following job duties:
- Teach proper volleyball techniques in position groups assigned by the head coach and assess skill development.
- Instruct concepts of overall physical health, individual and team safety.
- Educate students on NCAA Division III rules and Marietta College Athletics Department Learning Outcomes.
- Recruit future student athletes who understand and are prepared for the demands presented by small-college, non-scholarship athletic programs.
- Monitor team members' academic progress.
- Other duties as assigned for administration of the athletic department may include, but not be limited to, game day administration, facility supervision, intramural planning and supervision, sports information assistance, or other.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Anticipated start date is February 15, 2017.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. All applications/resumes must be submitted via this online process. We regret that we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax. As you are submitting your application via this online process, please be sure to provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating your application materials have been received.
Marietta College is an equal opportunity educator and employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation. Veterans and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.