Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Ability to do general website updates through a WYSIWYG editor (Wordpress, Hubspot, Kentico)
- Competence with office software and major social media platforms
- At least 5 years’ professional work experience demonstrating consistent advancement
- 3+ years’ association/non-profit chapter relations management experience preferred
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) a plus
- Excellent communications skills – verbal and written
- Proven success working with self-directed, virtual team members
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Takes appropriate independent actions; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Resourceful and time efficient
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Makes timely decisions.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Customer Service - Solicits feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Exhibits openness to others' views and ideas; Listens and asks for clarification when needed; Participates in meetings and in thoughtfully answering questions.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
This is a largely sedentary role so must be able to sit for long periods of time without problems
- Normal sitting and standing activities for an office environment are required.
- General mobility to move through facility, attend and participate in meetings.
- Must be able to have repetitive arm, wrist, hand and/or finger movement to type and work on computer for prolonged period of time
- Ability to use close vision and able to focus including but not limited to reading/proofing various materials, and looking at a computer screen
- Ability to operate general office and communication equipment (phone, computer, copier, etc.).
The position may require the ability to lift 0-50lbs.
About Scrum Alliance
Founded in 2001, SCRUM ALLIANCE® is the largest, most established and influential professional membership and certification organization in the Agile community. SCRUM ALLIANCE® is a nonprofit association with more than 500,000 worldwide. Its vision is to "Transform the World of Work” with a mission to guide and inspire individuals, leaders, and organizations with practices, principles, and values that create workplaces that are joyful, prosperous, and sustainable. For more information, please visit www.scrumalliance.org
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by email to email@example.com. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants.
Due to the high volume of resumes received by Scrum Alliance, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please, NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position.