| Title: Associate Athletic Director, Communications & Game Operations |
Reports to: Director of Athletics
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The primary responsibility of this position is to serve as the athletic department liaison with internal and external information requests, student/athletes, coaches, or athletic programs. Coordinates/produces publications pertinent to the athletic department (brochures, media guide, fliers, etc).
• Coordinates all intercollegiate game statistics.
• Reports game statistics to NCAA Statistics and Pacific West Conference.
• Communicates with conference Sports Information Directors and Conference SID.
• Serve as chair of bi-weekly Game Operations Committee to participate in the development and improvement of all procedures related to Game Management and Operations.
• Responsible for making sure there is proper staff coverage of all home events to meet the required sport regulations of the PacWest Conference.
• Produces and procures Athletics marketing materials, such as brochures, pocket schedules, and posters.
• Communicates to local and national media results of school athletic contests and press releases of significant athletic and academic achievement.
• Manages entire Athletics website, including updates of results, press releases, schedules, and rosters.
• Works in conjunction with the Athletic Director and the Marketing Department for media relations and promotions, and acts as a liaison between the department and all print/electronic media.
• Plan and supervise the preparation and dissemination of information for an 11 sport NCAA intercollegiate athletic program.
• Assist in maintenance of athletic department statistics, records, and photo archives.
• Attends home/away games as assigned by Athletic Director.
• Assist in creating, managing, and publicizing events for intramural sports and summer camps.
• Web liaison for athletics. Represent athletics as the web coordinator and participate in all web and IT meetings and committees.
• Assist in the marketing and advertising of special events (fundraising, donor cultivation).
• Maintains student/athlete profiles and promotes student/athlete accomplishments, awards, promotes athletic contests (in conjunction with ASDU), and reports results of the events through posting regular web page news stories, weekly updates and advance stories.
• Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise student statistical crews for all athletic events.
• Sport Supervision for women’s tennis and women’s softball.
• Supervise the Coordinator for Athletic Communications and Allen Sport Club.
• Oversee and maintain budget as related to athletics communication.
• Management and creation of content for social media outlets, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
• Management and development of departmental branding through implementation of proper logo usage (publications, marketing materials, signage, etc.).
• Work with clothing vendors to ensure proper branding on team and Athletics apparel.
• Assist with video broadcasts of select athletic events. Oversee when run internally, assist when done by outside media group, or act as liaison when working with Communications department.
• Recruit, train and lead a student intern to manage promotional events at games.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Current driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required
• Must be willing to consent to background investigation
• Successful sports information experience working at the college level
• Ability to work with others and meet deadlines
• Website (creating, editing, updating) experience
• Media relations and home event management experience
• Effective communication (oral, written and interpersonal) skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient with Database software
• Familiar with design software (Adobe Creative)
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly
Additional Position Information
• Priority will be given to applications submitted by February 17, 2017; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
• Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
• A cover letter is required
• Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
• For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.