The Director of Research and Industry Insights is responsible for the identification, development, execution, ongoing management and promotion of IFDA research, insights, benchmarking and thought leadership platforms. Serves as staff liaison to IFDA leadership committees and related project teams. Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for the identification, development, execution and publishing of IFDA research, benchmarking, thought leadership and insight projects and programs:
- Serve as primary research, benchmarking and insights contact for IFDA membership by timely responses to inquiries, provide access to reports, advise on projects in development, etc.;
- Leverage Committee, Council and Task Force input and feedback to identify research issues, projects and initiatives;
- Manage specific projects, member project teams, timelines and deliverables;
- Develop and maintain partnerships/relationships to provide research, thought leadership and insights to membership;
- Manage outside consultants/partners on research/benchmarking/insights/thought leadership projects (insight/analytic firms, consultancies, etc.);
- Develop, manage and execute internal research mechanisms, data collection vehicles and reporting capabilities (i.e. member surveys, public data, government databases, economic reports, etc.);
- Secure member/industry participation in benchmarking and research projects;
- Collaborate with VP of industry Relations to align research and benchmarking activities with IFDA strategic plan and committee/council priorities;
- Collaborate closely with industry relations, meeting and communications teams on integration of IFDA published thought leadership, insights and benchmarking into IFDA/Industry conferences, appropriate committee/council/share group meetings, etc.;
- In conjunction with marketing and communications team, develop and execute publication marketing and promotion plans for research/insights/thought leadership, IFDA communication platforms, website, webinars, social media, trade/consumer press, etc.;
- Manage research project budgets.
- Serve as IFDA staff liaison to the following IFDA Committees, Councils, Task Forces:
- Sales & Marketing Leadership Committee; Safety & Risk Leadership Committee; Information Technology Leadership Committee and other IFDA Task Forces, project teams as needed;
- Support IFDA VP of Industry Relations in management/execution of Operations Leadership Committee; Financial Leadership Committee and Supplier Advisory Council;
- Responsible for committee/council communications, agendas, notes/minutes, database roster maintenance, meeting scheduling/execution, etc.;
- Responsible for the execution of committee related projects and work plans;
- Ensures committee meeting and activities are conducted in compliance with IFDA bylaws;
- Collaborates with meetings team on committee/project team meeting logistics, etc.;
- Responsible for the development and management of leadership committee budgets;
- Collaborate with communications/marketing and membership teams to promote leadership committee deliverables where appropriate;
- Develop, manage and maintain IFDA member facing technology resources:
- Develop reference and guidance resources related to foodservice technology (operations, sales/marketing, transportation, etc.);
- Maintain and promote technology related resources, partnerships and platforms;
- Collaborate with VP of industry Relations to align resources with IFDA strategic priorities and budget allocations;
- Stay up to date with industry issues in the following areas in foodservice distribution:
- Operations, Sales & Marketing, Finance, IT/Technology, Safety and Risk Management;
- Legislative, regulatory/compliance issues essential to IFDA membership (labor, transportation, food safety, tax, etc.).
- Support IFDA conferences and events as needed including SMart Conference; Truck Driving Championship; Distribution Solutions Conference, Washington Insight Conference.
- Engage and attend member share group meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities, but collaborates closely with administrative staff and Director of Education Programs and Engagement.