| Title: Assistant Coach - Women's Soccer|
Reports to: Head Coach, Women’s Soccer
Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
This position is an Assistant Coach for a Division II program in the sport of Women’s Soccer and will assist the Head Coach in all aspects of operating a successful program. The primary focus of this position will be placed on the Assistant’s use of independent judgment and discretion in the identification and recruitment of prospective student-athletes, their awarding of athletics scholarships, their teaching and skill development of those student-athletes during their athletic and educational tenure at Dominican University of California, and in the extensive daily administrative operations of their respective sport program. In addition, the Assistant Coach will be evaluated on the extent to which he/she provides each student-athlete a positive, meaningful, educational experience through athletics. The Assistant Coach is also expected to execute other program related duties as assigned by the Head Women’s Soccer Coach.
• The Assistant Coach is responsible for managing a database of prospects and maintaining records of contacts, to remain in compliance with NCAA, Conference and University regulations. He/she must propose, manage and adhere to a recruiting budget for each of the events attended.
• The Assistant Coach will assist with the recruiting of potential student-athletes by way of evaluation, in-person contact, phone conversation, letters, mailings, and the coordination of unofficial and official visits and the related compliance paperwork.
Team Training session and Match Preparation
• Team and Game Preparation: The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in developing a comprehensive and strategic game plan for each scheduled contest throughout the season. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating upcoming opponents by breaking down game tapes, preparing a scouting report for the student-athletes and advising the Head Coach on making adjustments to the game plan during contests.
• The Assistant coach will also attend practice on a regular basis and organize and conduct team instructional activities to include practices, scheduled contests and effective year-round conditioning.
• The Assistant Coach will be responsible for the organization and coordination of a wide variety of administrative tasks as assigned by the Head Coach, which include, but not limited to; team travel, contest scheduling, budget preparation and administration, public relations, marketing, fundraising, community service and other daily operations for the program.
• The Assistant Coach is required to work independently with various support services in the Department of Athletics and campus constituents (i.e., Financial Aid, Admissions, and Registrar) in carrying out these tasks.
Monitoring of Academic Progress of Student-Athletes
• The Assistant Coach will assist in overseeing the academic success of the student-athlete and assist with academic problems. This includes, providing guidance/counseling and support (as necessary) as well as supervising and monitoring study halls (as assigned), checking class attendance, and organizing weekly and monthly (one-on-one) academic meetings with each student-athlete to track their progress by semester, major, and degree requirements.
NCAA Rules Compliance
• The Assistant Coach will be responsible for knowledge of, and adherence to, department, University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to recruiting, eligibility, and general operation of the Women’s soccer program.