The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) Meetings Department plans meetings to educate its members and other physicians, including the Annual Meeting (4,000+ attendees including 90 exhibits), the Pediatric Psychopharmacology Update Institute (750+ attendees), the Hansen Annual Review Course (250 attendees), the Legislative Conference (200 attendees), and 50 small committee meetings (20 or fewer attendees).
The Meetings and Exhibits Manager works with the Assistant Director of Meetings, and Meetings Coordinator to negotiate, plan, coordinate, and manage onsite logistics for these events and has direct responsibility for the Exhibit Hall portion of the Annual Meeting among other Annual Meeting projects, 2-3 of the mid-sized meetings.
The Meetings and Exhibits Manager is the Smooth Operator of the Meetings Department – personable and social; negotiates with ease; and makes every exhibitor feel like they’re the most important company in the world. This position requires an individual that can stay cool under pressure, all while keeping up with correspondence and meeting deadlines.
- Continuous contact with AACAP members and a variety of suppliers, including the hotel, convention bureaus, exhibit decorators, tour companies, AV companies, caterers, entertainers, security, etc., regarding numerous aspects of preparation for the Annual Meeting.
- Responsible for all Exhibit Hall projects for all meetings, including: exhibit sales; Exhibit Hall and registration floorplan creation; ad sales; data tracking; sales reports; lead retrieval sales; management of pre-meeting mailing lists; generating new and repeat booth sales; collaborating with Development Department on exhibit/sponsor packages; analyzing, and learning from, exhibitor evaluation data; maintenance of decorator contract; exhibits-related publications and marketing; onsite Exhibit Hall management; setting up, testing, troubleshooting and maintaining exhibitor registration; assigning booth space; corresponding with exhibitors and decorator; signage; and coordinating shipments.
- Planning and execution of 2-3 mid-sized meetings, including: contract negotiation, logistical budgeting and planning, speaker management, educational material creation/editing, marketing, onsite management, bill reconciliation, and post-event reporting.
- Serves as backup to the Meetings Coordinator for departmental administrative responsibilities, including answering meetings email inbox and phone line.
- Serves as an administrative liaison to several committees with responsibilities including written and oral communications with committee members; detailed minute-taking to create meeting minutes and communication to staff about action items; and active meeting and/or conference call participation.
- Always ready to jump in and help with other duties as assigned.