Kombucha Brewers International (KBI) is a non-profit trade association (501 c 6) that represents the Kombucha Tea bottled beverage category globally. KBI strives to promote, protect and enhance the overall well-being of the industry by creating an open line of communication between brewers and regulators while advancing the industry through advocacy, education, research and modern legislation. KBI has set industry standards, pioneered key research and has served as the key ambassador for Kombucha to the public. The Association is experiencing unprecedented growth (40%+ annually) in revenue and membership.
KBI is seeking an innovative and creative Executive Director to move the organization from a grassroots operation to a highly recognized association with multiple stakeholders at the federal, state and local level. This individual will be responsible for implementing the strategic direction of the Board of Directors while achieving the organization’s objectives in fundraising, marketing and outreach. This position will be based remotely from anywhere within the US.
As KBI’s Executive Director, core responsibilities will focus on fundraising and developing funding strategies, advocating for the industry at all levels, developing a strategic long-term growth plan and scaling the Association’s infrastructure and processes. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skill in the following areas:
Financial Planning & Management:
- Preparing a comprehensive, fiscally responsible budget in coordination with the Board and Treasurer
- Researching funding sources, developing fundraising plans, and writing funding proposals to increase the funds of the organization
- Preparing necessary reports, presentations and analysis as it relates to the state of the financial organization
- Maintaining sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures at all times when administering the association’s funds
Operations, Program & People Management:
- Participating with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization and making consistent and timely progress in executing
- Developing an operational plan to effectively and efficiently manage the day-to-day activities of the association including key, scalable changes to policies, procedures and guidelines with approval of the Board
- Overseeing the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services
- Monitoring the day-to-day delivery of all programs with a keen eye towards quality and process improvement
- Developing workforce strategy to recruit, onboard and develop permanent and temporary staff; overseeing the organizational policies and performance management process for goal achievement in a healthy and safe work environment.
- Working with President and Board to coordinate all activities related to key annual event, KombuchaKon, while implementing tactics for efficiency, scalability and growth
Outreach and Communication:
- Coordinating legislative, regulatory and political efforts and maintaining relationships with government officials and agencies impacting the industry
- Executing a communication strategy and good working relationships with community groups, sponsors, long-tern funding partners, politicians, and other organizations
- Responding to media requests and seeking opportunities for brand elevation and public relations
Candidates must be progressive self-starters willing to take on the array of challenges and responsibilities mentioned in addition to having these qualifications:
- 5+ years of association or non-profit management experience; a mix of association and corporate experience highly desired
- Experience managing business operations, staff and vendors
- Exceptional financial management, fundraising and business development skills
- Experience with policy, legislature and advocacy a plus
- Knowledge of the Kombucha industry and its specific challenges a plus
- Minimum four-year degree in relevant field
As the Executive Director, you will enjoy competitive compensation, remote work from anywhere in the US and the ability to lead change within a high growth industry.
For confidential consideration, please send cover letter (must include salary requirements) and resume to Zane Adams at email@example.com