The College of Coastal Georgia, a four-year, residential college of the University System of Georgia seeks a Director of Development and Alumni Relations. This integral member of the College’s Advancement team reports to the Vice President for Advancement and will lead the alumni programs of the College while working closely with Advancement staff members and other College faculty and staff as well as College Trustees to develop significant relationships that ultimately result in the accomplishment of the fundraising goals of the College and College Foundation.
The core functions of the Advancement team include fundraising, managing activities of the College Foundation, alumni relations, marketing and public relations, graphic design, special events, and other functions as assigned by the Foundation or the President. This diverse array of activities requires a Director of Development and Alumni Relations with a record of experience and accomplishment in development as well as a demonstrated talent to excel in the complementary alumni relations area.
Successful candidates must:
- Bring an intellectual curiosity to the position and the ability to transform ideas into actionable plans and programs.
- Be equally comfortable interacting with students, faculty and staff, the Office of the President, other senior College officials, Trustees, and our full complement of donors and friends of the College.
- Exhibit a tremendous ability to communicate with others, both one-to-one and in groups; must operate well as a collaborative member of a team.
- Bring a demonstrated understanding of how to cultivate relationships and build consensus among constituent groups.
- Be responsible for embedding the development culture internally within the College while engaging externally with relevant individuals and organizations locally, regionally and statewide.
Director of Development
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of donors and prospective donors with a specific focus toward gifts of more than $10,000.00.
- Assist with the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts and planned gifts in support of the foundation’s strategic plan
- Assist with the development and execution of the College’s Annual Giving efforts
- Assist with the College’s Campus Giving Campaign
- Assist with the development and execution of the College’s “Friends of the Mariners” athletics giving program
- Interact with the College’s 45-member Foundation Board, individually, through Foundation committees, and with the full Board as necessary to accomplish the mission of the Foundation
- As directed, provide leadership to selected Foundation committees
- Assist with and/or direct the planning and execution of College and Foundation special events
- Assist with College and Foundation stewardship activities
- As directed, supervise elements of the Advancement staff
- Develop meaningful relationships and professional connections within the business community and among service organizations to further the visibility and stature of the College in the Golden Isles
- Work closely with colleagues throughout the College to include Academic Affairs, Athletics, Enrollment Management, Student Affairs, and Business Affairs to further the mission of the College
- Provide operational and strategic leadership and direction to the alumni activities of the College
- Plan, implement and promote a broad range of alumni programs, both on and off campus for alumni, parents, friends of the College, Foundation Trustees, faculty, students and staff to support the strategic plans of the College
- Coordinate the Alumni Association Leadership Group efficiently and effectively: arrange meetings, staff committees, serve as liaison and ensure productive engagement with the College
- Communicate the College’s emerging plans and priorities to alumni leadership, working diligently to ensure that the Alumni Association and the College have a shared vision and mutually supportive path
- Serve as the staff advisor and point of contact for the College’s Student Alumni Association
- Maintain an accurate alumni database, capturing contact, biographical and career information for alumni using surveys, correspondence, websites, postal returns and projects such as creating an alumni directory
- Develop and maintain an expansive and varied network of alumni, establishing regular communication with alumni through direct contact, email and social media, alumni web pages and print