Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in turnaround and interim management, performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach and relentless focus on execution and results.
A&M's Global Disputes and Investigations practice has set a new standard for bringing a practical, results-oriented approach to solving problems related to business investigations, complex disputes and regulatory interventions. From the boardroom to the courtroom, the firm delivers a wide array of solutions to contentious situations by drawing on the deep skills, diverse disciplines and experiences of its professionals who offer a unique ability to articulate complex findings in a clear and meaningful manner.
Alvarez & Marsal’s Global Disputes and Investigations practice is seeking a Director for its team in New York.
- Oversee complex accounting related matters and disputes (example project types include investigations, forensic accounting, post-acquisition disputes, and litigation support)
- Develop project work plans, strategy, and budgets
- Execute and manage multiple streams of work and related engagement administration
- Respond to and fulfill client requests/deliverables on a timely basis, sometimes after normal business hours
- Research technical and industry specific issues
- Preparation of reports and other client deliverables
- Develop and implement solutions to complex problems by thinking “outside the box”
- Supervise, develop and motivate staff by providing them with leadership, mentorship, performance feedback and career guidance
- Develop client relationships and assist with business development
- Assist in managing overall practice initiatives