General Summary: Assists the EVP with all areas of responsibility toward successful accomplishment of the mission, goals and objectives of PLASTICS and specifically the Government Affairs and Industry Affairs functions. Provides administrative and secretarial support to the EVP; assists with related council, committee and government affairs projects as needed.
Organize monthly staff meetings, related reports and track requirements of EVP direct reports.
- Compose and prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Handle special projects assigned by the EVP to include, but not limited to, conducting research and preparation of reports, preparation of documents and business correspondence.
- Effective maintenance of all meeting, correspondence and business files for the EVP.
- Manage logistics for all meetings for which the EVP has responsibility, to include set-up of meeting rooms, audiovisual, and catering.
- Handle EVP’s calendar and email to include meeting and travel schedule.
- Coordinate and make airline, hotel and other travel arrangements (domestic and international) for the EVP.
- Assist with preparation of business travel expense reports and coordinate payment of business expenses for the EVP.
- Administrative office duties to include, but not limited to, answer telephones, arrange conference calls for the EVP; open and sort mail, preparation and coordination of large mailings, order departmental supplies, filing, faxing and copying.
- Work with the EVP and Accounting staff to assist with budgeting.
- Assist with departmental recruiting and orientation.
- Other duties including list management.
- Have fun in your job!
Staff member must adhere to all relevant PLASTICS’ policies and procedures.
- Staff member is expected to provide excellent customer service to members and other staff at all times.
- Member communications – telephone, written and oral – are a central part of PLASTICS’ day-to-day business. Staff member will be expected to treat member communications as a top priority.
- Internal: Interface with PLASTICS staff, PLASTICS’ members, and PLASTICS’ Counsel.
- External: executives of member companies and other associations, consultants and other vendors.