In this new role, the Development Writer is responsible for effectively communicating the Center’s work and ideas to different donor audiences in a way that honors donors, builds relationships, and aligns with our evolving messaging and institutional voice. In this role, the Development Writer will produce original content, as needed, to create personalized thank you letters, proposals, introductory letters, donor correspondence, proposals, and reports for individuals, fundraising appeals, and talking points for development events in support of key senior staff and the Office of the President. The Development Writer will report to the Senior Director of Development and work closely with the Senior Director, Major Gifts and the Communications team.
This position is based in New York, NY.
The Development Writer’s primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce original content such as thank you letters, proposals, introductory letters, donor correspondence, proposals, and reports for individuals and fundraising appeals to support the Center’s priorities;
- Write and edit event invitations, letters, remarks for board, executive, and senior leadership, and other collateral materials as needed;
- Collaborate with major gift fundraisers to steward individual donors and family foundations by writing high-quality and customized reports and proposals;
- Provide writing and editorial expertise to frontline fundraisers across the Development team;
- Prepare presentations for meetings with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Development team;
- Write and edit fundraising materials for internal and external communications, including the website, annual report, and other major publications;
- Attend inter-departmental meetings and build relationships with the Development and Communications teams and others to acquire the information needed to develop effective donor communications; and
- Assist with other fundraising projects as needed.