The Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM), a consortium of five academically focused specialty organizations representing departments of internal medicine at US and Canadian medical schools and teaching hospitals, seeks a dynamic leader for Senior Director of Business Operations. Representing over 11,000 members, AAIM is the largest association of faculty and administrative staff serving in departments of medicine.
AAIM is located just outside Washington, DC in Old Town Alexandria, VA and provides a supportive work environment, excellent benefits, competitive pay, and so much more! AAIM is convenient to the Blue and Yellow Metro lines. To learn more about our organization, please visit us at www.im.org
The Senior Director of Business Operations:
- Serves as a member of the senior management team, reporting directly to the Deputy CEO/ EVP.
- Facilitates financial strategy development.
- Prepares, presents, and facilitates reporting and communications related to financial and business operations executive leadership, board members and council leaders.
- Provides oversight and vision for business operations, including financial forecasting, modeling, planning, and budgeting; leads the annual audit process.
- Serves as the key staff liaison to the board’s Finance & Audit and Compliance Committees.
- Provides leadership and support to investment fund managers; oversees contract administration.
- Engages direct reports to ensure comprehensive processes exist in the areas of human resources, information technology, and business administration, to maintain an efficient, effective infrastructure.
- Develops and presents financial analyses and projections; manages the allocation of resources in support of AAIM’s mission and strategic goals.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures, accounting standards and financial principles.