The International Association of Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance and Protection (PHAP), founded in 2010, is a rapidly-growing global association of professionals in the humanitarian sector, including staff of UN agencies (such as the World Food Programme, the World Health Organization, and UNICEF), Red Cross and Red Crescent organizations, international NGOs (such as Oxfam, MSF/ Doctors without Borders, and Save the Children), national NGOs, and State agencies. PHAP members are based in more than 130 countries around the world.
PHAP initiated its Certification Program last year and will launch a first set of three certifications in March 2017, developed and delivered according to the ISO/IEC 17024 standard for personnel certification. Development of an additional three certifications is due to begin soon, for launch in 2018. PHAP is looking for an experienced credentialing professional to join the secretariat in Geneva to manage the ongoing implementation and further development of this new and exciting area for the association.
The Certification Program Manager is accountable for the implementation, maintenance, and delivery processes of the Certification Program, ensuring a robust, relevant, and effective service to the humanitarian sector and beyond.
Duties and responsibilities
- Recruit and collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) for certification development and maintenance
- Coordinate the development of practice analyses and certification schemes
- Manage exam item development, beta testing, and psychometric validation
- Manage exam form development, as well as exam maintenance schedules
- Plan and facilitate item-writing workshops, item-editing sessions, score setting studies, and other item and exam development and maintenance meetings
- Manage exam publishing and delivery across multiple vendor platforms, in cooperation with PHAP’s IT and Platforms Coordinator
- Manage and implement exam security measures
- Coordinate ISO 17024 accreditation and maintenance, ensuring that relevant policies and procedures are followed and program development and maintenance activities are appropriately documented
- Report on exam item health, technical accuracy, and currency of exam items
- Plan and conduct Certification Commission meetings
- Manage complaints and appeals processes
- Oversee certification, recognition of continuing education, and renewal processes
- Manage program budget, including budget preparation
- Supervise PHAP support staff and service providers and coordinate increasing staffing/ outsourcing needs, as the program grows
- Continuously monitor all stages of the credentialing process to improve program performance
- Make informational presentations to stakeholders and provide guidance on the use of PHAP certification programs
- Review and oversee all exam materials and communications, working with the Communications team to coordinate program’s outreach activities
- Support efforts to conduct environmental scans and gap analyses to ascertain need for additional certification programs
- Assist other staff and perform other duties as assigned
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Starting date: April 2016
- Full-time schedule of five days (40 hours) per week
- Some international travel required
- Monthly salary: 5’500 – 6’500 CHF, depending on experience
DEADLINE: Sunday, 12 March 2017, 23:59 GMT
Please submit your application at http://phap-recruitment.certification-program-2017.sgizmo.com/s3/
You will be asked to do the following:
- Upload your CV/résumé
- Upload your cover letter
- Submit brief responses to the following questions:
- Briefly describe your professional experience related to certification or credentialing programs.
- Have you worked with a credentialing program accredited to ISO/IEC 17024, NCCA, ASTM E2659, or similar standard? If yes, briefly outline how you think accreditation benefitted or created drawbacks for the program. If no, please describe the extent of your familiarity with such standards.
- Briefly describe your experience of recruiting, managing, and engaging volunteer expert networks.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested individuals are encouraged to apply as early as possible before the deadline.
Please do not contact PHAP about the status of your application – all candidates will be notified within one month after the deadline.