Job Code: 10021
Evaluation Group: Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Belleville, IL Campus
Reports To: Head Coach, Football
The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach with all activities of the designated sport. The position assists with recruitment for the team to ensure that all team athletes are certified to participate according to all institutional guidelines.
The Athletic Performance Head Coach is responsible for the development and management of strength and conditioning programs for both male and female student-athletes participating in the intercollegiate athletics program. As a member of the athletics department, the coach will insure compliance with NAIA rules and regulations.
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Prior coaching experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Independent discretion, along with solid and sound judgment are essential.
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and establish and maintain effective relationships with the community, faculty, students, and staff.
- Requires creativity and initiative.
- Highly developed analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be able to effectively use a computer.
Lindenwood University is an equal opportunity employer.