Future Earth is seeking an experienced Head of Advancement to develop its portfolio of major donors, including foundations, corporations and individuals. This is a unique opportunity to contribute in making an impact in the way sustainability is understood and implemented in an international context.
The Head of Advancement will research and identify new donors, tailor communications and cultivate approaches, provide fundraising advice, and implement donor management and retention strategies. She/he will support the Future Earth Executive Team in terms of advancement strategy, and will lead global fundraising vision, strategy and planning. She/He will work with the Executive Team to solicit large grants and sponsorships. She/he will receive administrative support. The Head of Advancement will be based in Montreal, Canada.
This role requires a self-starter and team-player able to work as part of a small, highly active global team. The individual should have a track-record of raising significant funds from high net-worth individuals and foundations, ideally with a focus on international conservation, development or humanitarian aid. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, be diplomatic, trustworthy, of the highest integrity, and possess sound judgment.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate marketing strategies to recruit, cultivate and retain donors and sponsors (high net worth individuals, foundations and corporations).
- As appropriate, identify, recruit and mobilize business and community leaders to serve as teams, volunteers and sponsors.
- Provides support for volunteers, participants and committees to increase current revenue.
- Support Future Earth Executive Team and as needed members of the Future Earth governing bodies in their fundraising activities.
- Work with the Communications Team, and other staff - as appropriate - to develop grant and gift proposals, and provide appropriate reporting to donors.
- Collaborate with colleagues in all 5 hubs to design, develop, plan, oversee and evaluate donor/prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, gift closure and recognition.