| The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking an Analyst, Budget & Finance. |
Description of Position: The Analyst, Budget & Finance will be involved in the processing and servicing of budgets and the monthly reconciliation of the general ledger for the Department. Must be very familiar with a variety of operational and financial transactions and services, including deposit processing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, collections, data collection (entry, analysis, review and control), and reporting. This position creates customized BAIRS queries, Cal Planning, and Cal Reporting reports.
- Provides analytical support for moderately complex financial services, such as researching operations budget discrepancies and ensuring compliance with external regulations and internal policies.
- Researches/gathers information from a variety of sources, summarizes information, and determines how to disseminate information. Creates trainings, orientations, presentations, intranet pages, and other communications.
- Prepares and distributes regular and ad hoc reports and analyses to include summaries of financial transactions, budget reports, etc. to for management review and decision-making.
- Coordinates and implements department budget allocations. Works with unit managers to create detailed annual budget. Prepares and maintains department chart of accounts or other data management tools, and related business processes.
- Assists in managing Elevation financial software account and training end users.
- Analyzes, prepares, and summarizes recommendations for financial and/or resource plans, including quarterly and annual planning requirements, operating forecasts, sources and uses, etc.
- Responsible for managing all game guarantee contracts.
- Participates in audits of internal records and processes and prepares recommendations for changes as needed. Conducts reconciliation of expenses to campus records.
- Assists in the coordination of financial audits including the annual NCAA audit and EADA survey.
- Conducts or assists with researching, developing, and implementing new and changing business processes.