We’re looking for someone with professionalism.
We’re looking for someone with motivation.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for Conference Management.
We are the American Retirement Association, one of the fastest growing associations in the USA. We are an association with a rich diversity of perspectives, backgrounds and ideas, and are looking for a Senior Conference Manager to join our team. The American Retirement Association is based in Arlington, Virginia within a fresh, energetic working environment in The Nature Conservancy building, directly across from the Ballston Metro Station. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package (including Health, Dental, Disability, and 401(k)), a supportive environment, and the opportunity to be a part of a professional team.
This position administers and coordinates the association’s conferences and events, including involvement with logistics, vendor relations, contract management, budgeting, accommodations, and volunteer management.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for collecting all necessary information and materials from conference speakers, sponsors and exhibitors (e.g., presentation materials, travel details, descriptions and bios, logos, artwork, etc.);
- Prepares and formats copy for conference materials including brochures, advertisements, website content, attendee communications, on-site materials, etc.,
- Collaborates with and monitors volunteer committees for the purposes of conference and event site selection and program development and educational opportunities, outreach and promotion, topic and speaker selection, etc.;
- Attends and manages conferences and events as on-site support; plans committee and leadership events to ensure all logistical details including room set-up, audio/visual, transportation, housing, food and beverage, BEOs, etc.;
- Manages invoice reconciliations, speaker reimbursements, conference and event shipments, department inventory, the preparation of attendee registration materials; assists with budgeting, continuing education processes and procedures, gathering information for the preparation of hotel meeting specifications, rooming lists and dinner arrangements, etc.;
- Enters and maintains accurate conference information in the Association Management System and on the associations’ websites.