The Corporate Training Sales Specialist will support the growth/sales of SHRM’s training programs, products and services to organizations (public /private companies, government agencies, SHRM affiliates, etc.). These efforts will include, but not be limited to the core essential duties and responsibilities listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage an existing pool of clients that are current purchasers of SHRM’s training programs, products and services. Increase sales of other relevant SHRM training programs, products and services to existing clients.
• Establish new relationships with clients to generate revenue through the sale of SHRM training programs, products and services.
• Provide superior client support and services as measured by the TMSI score
• Use a consultative sales process to engage and convert potential clients to purchasing clients.
• Manage both inbound opportunities and active outreach to the marketplace.
• Reach and exceed revenue and program target numbers.
• Track (daily activity) and report on opportunity pipeline using SHRM's customer relationship management system (CRM).
• Support forecasting efforts.
• Identify meaningful content trends to assess potential new programming and competitor activity.
• Work cross-departmentally within SHRM, and extensively with SHRM program instructors, and clients, to ensure the successful delivery of programming, products and services to clients.
• Manage the contracting process with clients/ internally at SHRM.
• Support overall MARCOMM efforts in support of departmental initiatives.
• Field and complete RFP's, RFI's, etc.
• Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities to cross-market and sell SHRM products and services.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, both listening and speaking in a persuasive manner to both internal stakeholders and most importantly to existing and potential clients.
• Excellent presentation skills, both to small and large groups of individuals at varying levels within an organization.
• Excellent decision making, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Excellent proposal creation skills.
•Ability to handle multiple tasks and opportunities at once in an organized manner, with the ability to complete tasks within critical, client-centric deadlines.
• Ability to work closely with a manager, in a team setting.
• Ability to proficiently use various software programs; MS Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Excel, Salesforce.com, CRM.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years experience in a professional services environment conducting sales, consulting, account management, or business development is essential.
- Experience with a CRM preferred
- Experience in a revenue generating position preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or TDD (703) 548-6990.