- Outstanding leadership, managerial skills, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, excellent problem-solving, decision-making, presentation and assertiveness skills
- Ability to manage, delegate and motivate staff effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to develop and manage annual budgets.
- Travel - 30%
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in business development and operations management including demonstrated experience in brand development, relationship development and program management
- Prior experience successfully developing and managing major client accounts and relationships
- Prior experience with brand development and business development
- Knowledge of the Human Resources field, and with association/trade operations management
- Experience leading a major project and change management initiatives
The Executive Director, Northern California Operations will be located in San Mateo, California.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or TDD (703) 548-6990.