Tala is looking for a detail-oriented and dynamic controller with experience working in a rapidly growing, hands-on, start-up environment. This role is responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions. As Controller, you will be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. This position requires excellent communication, an ability to think critically and creatively, attention to detail and a team-oriented attitude. The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Oversee all aspects of Tala’s accounting department which includes, but is not limited to, the company's financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special analyses.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations
- The implementation of corporate policies and procedures such as invoice processing, cash management and expense policies.
- Assist in the development, monitoring and regular reporting of KPI's
- Assist in implementing other processes in accounting and ensuring internal controls are in place with those new processes.
- Ensure accurate and timely production of all financial information.
- Proper analytical review of the asset operations from a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow perspective as well as an overall business perspective.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.