The Director of Individual Giving is a new position developed to appropriately address PAMM’s future goals. We seek an experienced, driven, creative, motivated and passionate fundraising leader and team player for this multi-faceted position. The Director of Individual Giving will report directly to the Deputy Director for Development. This position will be a critical part of a twelve-person development department, which works collaboratively, and will supervise one Development Assistant.
Essential Functions included, but are not limited to:
- Execute a comprehensive plan that engages Miami-Dade / Southern Florida’s emerging diverse communities (cultural, financial, artistic) by identifying new donors and bringing them from cultivation to stewardship.
- Develop new and enhance existing relationships with high-level members and donors by aligning donor philanthropic interests with PAMM’s funding priorities that are emerging from the strategic plan.
- Maintain personal portfolio of prospects capable of gifts in the 4-6 figure range for membership, unrestricted and endowment support.
- Work strategically, and meet regularly, with the Research Coordinator to develop a productive use of research and data, specifically with regards to emerging communities in the region.
- Plan, manage and recruit donors and volunteers of several Museum groups, including but not limited to the Museum Circle program (membership categories of $1,000-$100,000), Planned Giving Program, Young Collector’s Council, International Committee, and Collector’s Council.
- Work closely with Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations to development a cohesive strategy for individual cultivation and stewardship around corporate partnership opportunities.
- Work with staff, donors and volunteers to maximize the effectiveness of PAMM’s robust special event calendar, specifically the annual Gala, focusing on targeted cultivation and effective stewardship. Spearhead the securing of Gala Chairs and Committees.
- Collaborate with PAMM’s departments - Curatorial, Education, and Marketing, Communications and Retail - to create and strategically maintain fundable programs and secure new sources of funding for these programs.
- Serve as an active and visible ambassador in the community, communicate PAMM’s leadership in building a strong culture of giving in Miami-Dade county, and form strategic alliances and foster collaboration county-wide.
- Supervise one full-time Development Assistant.
- Prepare and manage the team’s financial reports and budget; monitor the development budget and control expenses, in conjunction with the Deputy Director of Development and Finance department.
- Be an enthusiastic, helpful and positive member of the team
- Be professional, responsible and mature in conduct and behavior
- Be understanding of, encouraging to and friendly with all co-workers
- Be self-motivated and use time wisely
- Maintain open line of communications with each department
- Communicate pertinent information
- Respond positively to new ideas, and openly accept critical/developmental feedback
- Maintain effective communication through the use of meetings and memorandums
- Adhere to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company including, but not limited to those contained in the associate handbook.
- Walk, bend, lift (up to 25 pounds) files, office supplies an electronic equipment.
- Finger dexterity to pick up paper and use computer keyboard.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Ability to hear in normal tones including telephone and face-to-face conversation.