| Job Title: Student Athletics Trainer |
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, Intramurals and Recreation, the Athletic Trainer provides direct athletic training services for all College of Staten Island athletic teams. Duties include, but are not limited to: injury and illness evaluation, rehabilitation, practice coverage, game coverage, and some travel to limit exposure to injury and to care for student-athletes. Communicate with physicians, athletic director, coaches, strength and conditioning coach, and all other support staff regarding athletic injuries, illness, and rehabilitation. Schedule medical appointments for student-athletes. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide the Director of Athletics with frequent updates and assessment of athletic training services. - Supervise the part-time strength/conditioning coach. - Ensures that NCAA student-athlete eligibility rules are being adhered to as pertains to annual physicals and sickle cell status. - Reviews and approves all medical bills and insurance claims to determine accuracy. - Prepare and maintain all appropriate athletic injury care records and reports as required following all NCAA, HIPPA, and NATA guidelines. - Schedule and supervise part-time athletic training staff. - Promote a positive image of the intercollegiate athletics program and the College by participating in community and professional organizations; and representing the College as a spokesperson at appropriate events, professional meetings, campus committees and in community activities as appropriate. - Participates in regularly scheduled staff and department meetings. - Contribute to the overall success of the intercollegiate athletics program by willingly performing all other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required as well as National Athletic Trainers Association certification.
- Knowledge of CUNYAC and NCAA Division III rules and regulations. - Collegiate athletics experience preferred. - Athletic insurance experience preferred. - Strong communication skills preferred. - Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Develops and maintains a program of preventive physical care for student-athletes; and coordinates physical examination screenings
- Supervises treatment and referral of injuries and interfaces directly with medical personnel in the treatment of such athletes; coordinates rehabilitation programs; may administer related insurance program(s)
- Determines and ensures the acquisition of safety equipment and supplies applicable to each intercollegiate sport
- Supervises maintenance of statistical records of team injuries and medical data
- Assists coaches in planning and instructing physical training programs for athletes.
- Plans and schedules the purchasing of all sports medical program supplies and equipment within allocated budget parameters
- Recruits, instructs, supervises and reviews the performance of training staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Athletics Trainer
Higher Education Assistant FLSA Exempt
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to www.cuny.edu; select "Employment", "Search Job Listings," "More Options to Search for CUNY Jobs," then enter the Job ID# in the "Job Opening ID" field. Cover letter, resume and any additional supporting documents for candidacy must be submitted as one file.