PAI Management Corporation seeks a personable, positive and reliable individual looking for career progression. If you like working with people, have outstanding customer service skills, take ownership of your work and want to work with a firm that is committed to its employees, you’re the kind of candidate we want to hear from.
The position we seek to fill is for a Society Manager - ideal for someone with several years of association management experience, and looking to develop professionally. The individual in this role will be working with a large international research society on membership, committee, and meeting support tasks. This role involves some international travel.
This is not an entry-level position. The right candidate is someone with several years of program management/administrative experience with a society/association management firm or free-standing society/association. If you’re new to the job market, or have no familiarity with professional membership societies/associations/not-for-profits, this position really isn’t for you.
The Society Manager is responsible for:
- Assuming major management and coordination responsibilities for key aspects of society programs, by serving as the principal staff for membership retention & recruitment; committees, councils, & work groups; website/publications; and working collaboratively with support personnel and independent contractors.
- Interacting with current and prospective members of society, intra-office coordination of efforts related to membership administration, recruiting and development; providing support to members, maintaining membership records, and answering questions about membership status/benefits.
- Managing assigned meetings, including participating in the meeting strategic planning process; marketing the conference; responsible for ensuring accurate registration information with the Database Administrator; working with exhibitors and sponsors; managing abstract submissions; preparing on-site handouts and related materials; and shipping materials to meetings as well as assisting the Director of Meetings as needed.
- Managing client websites and website content, and any related technology solutions.
- Assisting society executive to prepare for board/committee meetings, including preparation of briefing materials and draft minutes.
- Responsibility for other general office duties
The full job description can be downloaded from https://tinyurl.com/jh7tjm6
What we offer
Free parking, flexible hours, and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, tuition reimbursement, commuting assistance, and more. A great work environment with friendly people. An interest in your professional development and the necessary support to go with it. EOE.
How to apply
Qualified candidates please e-mail cover letter, résumé, salary history and requirements to email@example.com. A cover letter expressing your interest in the position and relevant skills is essential and an application without one will not be considered. Please read carefully what we're asking for and respond accordingly.