Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Controller to join our Finance team. This position is based at our administrative offices at 26 Bleecker Street, New York, NY 10012 and reports to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer.
What you’ll find at Planned Parenthood of New York City:
-Commitment: Planned Parenthood of New York City is a leading provider of sexual and reproductive health care, education, and advocacy. We’ve been here 100 years and will continue to be here for as long as New Yorkers need high-quality health care.
-Passion: Staff and leadership are dedicated to advocating for reproductive health and providing expert care to all New Yorkers.
-A focus on justice: We are here as a resource for all New Yorkers, including people of color, the LGBT community, and immigrants.
-Care for our staff: One of the ways we value the wellbeing of our staff is through the compensation and benefits package we offer to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Controller does:
- Manage the day-to-day financial operations of the organization including accounts payable, general accounting, cash management, banking, and payroll.
- Responsible for the financial controls of the Agency, mitigating risk and ensuring compliance with audit and regulatory directives.
- Work closely with other members of the PPNYC finance department including grants management and revenue cycle, to oversee the use of Agency resources in support of the Planned Parenthood mission and in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of health care facilities in New York State.
- Provide staff support for the Audit and Compliance Committee.
- Participate in the development of Agency-wide plans and budgets.
- Supports the annual budgeting process and produce monthly financial statements.
- Work with the independent auditors in their review of the annual financial statements.
- Serve as a resource to senior managers throughout PPNYC.
How to apply:
Are you interested in bringing your expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to email@example.com and include “Controller” in the subject line. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.