Remy Bumppo Theatre Company seeks a motivated individual for the full-time position of Director of Development to research, develop and implement both short-term and long-term fundraising strategies. The Director of Development is a key part of the organization who works with the Producing Artistic Director, General Manager, other staff members, and Board of Directors to generate contributed income from a variety of sources including individuals, foundations, corporations, government agencies and special events, and cultivate prospective donors and funders to ensure the stability and longevity of Remy Bumppo.
The Director of Development is an integral part of a small but fiercely dedicated and supportive group of staff and artists. Remy Bumppo highly values collaboration and respect. Everyone’s voice is heard. The ideal Director of Development will bring his or her proven fundraising skills and experience and a passion for the arts to the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and execute annual, long-term and special campaign fundraising plans and budgets as they relate to individuals, foundations, corporations, government agencies and special events.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individuals to meet annual goals. Research prospects and develop cultivation, solicitation and follow-up strategies in consultation with Board of Directors and staff leadership. Ensure appropriate recognition and stewardship of donors of all levels, from small donations to major sponsorship gifts.
- Plan, implement and track up to three direct mail campaigns annually.
- Facilitate relationships with institutional funders, identify new funding opportunities, write grant applications and develop collateral materials and reports to generate income from foundations, corporations and government agencies.
- Oversee all aspects of Remy Bumppo’s annual Benefit.
- Plan, implement and track other donor cultivation, donor recognition and minor fundraising events throughout the season.
- Serve as trusted resource for the Board of Directors. Provide concise, accurate reporting on fundraising initiatives. Manage Board members cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of the individuals on their prospect and donor lists. Serve as staff liaison to Development and Board Governance Committees.
- Provide general institutional support. Collaborate with Producing Artistic Director, General Manager, and Director of Marketing to ensure that all messaging is on brand and that patron cultivation and communication efforts are coordinated. Participate in strategic planning and meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned. All staff members support Remy Bumppo’s work at large.