Associate Professor/Professor, Accounting
Closing Date/Time: 3/10/2017
Salary: $51,912.00 - $106,386.00 annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Stockton, CA
Department: Applied Science, Business & Technology
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean of Applied Science, Business & Technology Division, the Associate Professor/Professor of Accounting teaches organized classes primarily in the Accounting discipline(s); the primary responsibility is to teach 15 units (per term) in the assigned discipline.
Responsibilities and Duties
Master of Accountancy or Taxation or Master of Laws in Taxation
Bachelor's in business with accounting emphasis or business administration with accounting emphasis or economics with accounting emphasis AND Master's in Business Administration with accounting concentration OR Bachelor's degree with valid CPA license
Demonstrated teaching experience.
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in teaching postsecondary courses in Accounting especially at the community college level.
- Professional certification in Accounting.
- Demonstrated expertise in accounting-related training. Demonstrated occupational employment in accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to different levels of students' ability and learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt teaching strategies and techniques to students from different cultures and ethnic groups.
- Demonstrated ability to use innovative and creative teaching techniques and equipment, including the use of multimedia hardware and software and on-line instructional techniques.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing curriculum for discipline specific courses and/or programs.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability, and desire to stay current in the field.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with business and industry in order to coordinate the educational program with the needs of the community.
- Desire and willingness to put in the time necessary to make the educational programs successful.
- Interest in or knowledge of teaching online and other distance education courses.
- Expertise in the use of computers for teaching and management of online course information.
- Interest in or knowledge of teaching courses in a large lecture setting.
To apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/deltacollege/
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.