| DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW: |
UNT competes as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and C-USA. North Texas' athletic programs are classified as NCAA Division I, the largest and highest division among all colleges and universities. The 46,000 square-foot Athletic Center located off South Bonnie Brae Street is the centerpiece of North Texas athletics. Athletics strives to conduct a competitive athletics program that promotes faculty, staff, student and community affiliation and participation with North Texas Athletics. Also, to provide facilities which attract the highest level of talent and allow student athletes to perform at the highest level in practice and in competition.
The Athletics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Assistant Athletic Director, Equipment Services to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Under direct supervision of the Deputy Athletic Director, CFO, manages the total operation of equipment services for athletics, including procurement, ordering, inventory control and management, safety compliance, distribution, maintenance, and collection of all athletic equipment. Supervises full-time and part-time equipment managers. Coordinates equipment transportation for away travel events. Position will have budget oversight and will serve as the primary football equipment manager.
List of Key Activities: * Procures and receives equipment purchases for all sports. Coordinate with coaches to forecast future equipment needs and provide budgeting information.
* Oversight of equipment, uniform, and general apparel budget process for all sports and departments.
* Directs the bidding process for the Athletics Department to secure the most competitive prices for equipment, uniforms, apparel, and gear. Develops procedures to provide more economical pricing by order of bulk goods used by all sports. Ensures compliance with State requirements in the bidding process.
* Maintains inventory control of all athletics equipment on a current basis. Stores equipment during off-season and develops replenishment programs for all sports.
* Responsible for equipment repair as needed. Supervises full-time and hourly assistant equipment managers in repairing equipment, completing laundry, managing inventory, packing trunks, and repairing equipment/uniforms.
* Responsible for inventory security and hygienic condition of locker rooms at all times.
* Responsible for setting up equipment for all practices, home games, and transporting equipment to and from out of town games for all sports.
* Ensures that laundry for sports teams is performed in a timely manner and clean equipment is replaced in student-athletes' lockers for subsequent practice or games. Responsible for developing laundry services program for Olympic sports.
* Responsible for issuing equipment to student-athletes at beginning of each semester, and in checking equipment in at end of each semester.
* Oversight of Uniform design, management, and procurement for all sports. Ensures replenishment program is in place and assists in budget process for Olympic Sports.
* Expected to participate in recruiting presentations, staff meetings, coaches meetings, and various department functions as needed.
* May perform other duties assigned.
* Must comply with all NCAA, University, and Conference USA rules and regulations.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.