The Manager, Global Development Partnerships will report directly to the Senior Director, Global Development Partnerships and will support the Center’s core priority to build and increase funding from bilateral and multilateral funders and non-U.S. foundations. In this new role, the Manager will help in the securing and stewarding of funds to support the Center’s global programs while building the foundation for future expanded support. The Manager partners with the Senior Director in relationship building, cultivation efforts, training and support of regional program staff and helps to generate compelling and persuasive proposals that support current and new Center programs and activities thru bilateral and multilateral funding mechanisms.
This position is based in New York, NY.
The primary job responsibilities of the Manager, Global Development Partnerships include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and support the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan to secure the necessary funds to support expansion of the Center’s global work under the new strategic plan, in close collaboration with the Senior Director, Global Development Partnerships;
- Draft and edit grant proposals, letter of intent, reports, and other written materials specially targeted for bilateral and multilateral funders;
- Support the mapping of funders’ areas of interest, programs, and plans to the Center’s strategic priorities and develop cross-cutting frames for issues of interest to funders in alignment with the roles, lenses, and issue sets laid out in the Center’s strategic plan;
- Project manage and support program and communications staff on the development of proposals;
- Support partnerships with other NGOs in the writing and submission of joint grant proposals;
- Conduct research on prospects and other opportunities for new funding with emphasis on bilateral and multilateral funding;
- Draft correspondence to funders for the President, Senior Management, and Global Program staff;
- Draft talking points and background materials for funder meetings;
- Manage protocols for database of donor interactions with key institutional funders and manage the government funding pipeline;
- Support the development of budgets, financial reports, and, as needed, the management of grant funds;
- Liaise with Finance and Accounting & Compliance teams to ensure alignment between budget development and donor compliance and grants management;
- Attend inter-departmental meetings and build relationships with the Center’s global staff and communications staff and others to acquire information needed to develop proposals and steward grants effectively; and,
- Assist with other fundraising projects, as needed.