Manager, Resource & Partnership Development
Vice President of Business Development
Identify and secure new member partnerships and other funding opportunities. Actively perform research to identify prospects, and performs other business development activities including the drafting and refining of communications related to these efforts. Support NFCC executives and volunteer leadership as they maintain and grow the organization’s relationships with financial institutions, other partner organizations, and member agencies. Manage fulfillment reporting and other communication activities with grantors and other program partners.
Essential functions and responsibilities
Research, prepare and write grants and presentations based on multiple inputs.
- Perform original research on potential donors, prospects and member partners, to include relevant intelligence for the development process.
- Manage the annual fund/major gift campaign process, accurately tracking prospects, pending asks and secured or declined commitments.
- Produce appropriate reports and information flow, ensuring others involved in the fundraising and partnership development process are kept informed and current.
- Support the V.P., other NFCC executives and key volunteer leaders as they proactively interact with donors, member agencies, other nonprofits, government agencies, and other financial institutions.
- Collaborate with other NFCC team members responsible for fulfillment activities associated with grants and other partnership programs established by the Development Team.
- Ensure the timely and thorough fulfillment of all reporting activities and other forms of communications as dictated by grant and partnership requirements.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to education/nonprofit or a national financial institution.
- Two years of proven, relevant experience, to include grant writing, fundraising, and program development for a relevant not-for-profit organization.
- Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Working conditions and physical requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. Some irregular hours will be necessary, limited exposure to hazardous or unusual conditions; may require extended stationary periods of time.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.