Position Title: Manager of Member Acquisition and Retention
Reports to: Senior Vice President
The Organization: PACE (Professional Association for Customer Engagement) is the only non-profit trade organization dedicated exclusively to the advancement of companies that use a multi-channel approach to engaging their customers, both business to business and business to consumer. These channels include contact centers, email, chat, social media, web and text. While our Association was founded on contact center operations, technology that fuels these centers and businesses that use these services, we recognize that the digital transformation has forever changed the way in which our member companies engage their customers. We are passionate about growing businesses by improving the customer experience at the point of engagement.
Job Summary: Manager of Member Acquisition and Retention requires a professional inside sales discipline and must demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission of PACE. This position requires a person who must demonstrate an ability to work effectively with people and be a team member. This position is primarily responsible for soliciting companies in the contact center/customer engagement channels to acquire new members and to providing high quality service to PACE members by advising them and guiding them in decisions regarding all of the PACE’s offerings and benefits. This position plays an integral role in attracting, retaining and engaging member organizations. Manager of Acquisition and Retention will work closely with the SVP & VP of Business Development to execute the organization’s membership strategy and will be directly responsible for the management of all data and processes related to membership recruitment and retention. Manager of Acquisition and Retention will also help oversee the operations and logistics of all member engagement events, including the annual conferences, regional events, and other events/programs on-site at these events.
Essential Job Functions:
Member Acquisition and Retention Responsible for management of all membership data, tracking and reporting, including but not limited to:
- Updating and maintaining membership records
- Managing recruitment and retention tracking and reports
- Collecting and analyzing current, new and potential member information
- Managing all aspects of the database
Identify, cultivate and acquire new member companies to PACE.
Assist members with day-to-day needs, including facilitating member benefit usage
Oversee, and execute as needed, the regular print and electronic communications related to an organization’s membership status, renewal, new membership set-up, utilization, etc.
Assist in ongoing Member Engagement to ensure that each member gains the most out of their membership to ensure retention and referrals
Assist with the logistics of PACE conferences, including but not limited to, recruitment and communications, registration, etc.
Assist with logistics of awards process, including nominations
Manage event satisfaction and other member surveys
Other: Share in the day-to-day operations of the organization as it relates to the duties of the position or as in the normal course of the running of the office as do the other staff members (i.e. special projects, conferences, logistics etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent
- Business to Business inside sales experience
- 3+ years of experience in a membership or constituent management position preferred
- Exceptional organizational and systems building skills and attention to detail
- Experience with database management, Timberlake or a CMS platform preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, required
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of customer service
- Willing to execute day-to-day tasks and work independently
- Good entrepreneurial work ethic and a desire to “get the job done”
- Ability to prioritize and follow through effectively
This position is salaried + commission, commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's degree preferred