The Managing Director, Human Resources is an integral member of the AGA Leadership Team and contributes to AGA’s strategic planning and business planning processes. The Managing Director, Human Resources is responsible for the development and implementation of all AGA human resources initiatives to include policy development, recruiting, staffing and retention programs, compensation, performance management and rewards programs, organizational development, employee relations, benefits management for active and retired employees, and budgeting and reporting. The Managing Director, Human Resources must ensure that the organization has the best possible talent and policies and programs in place to maintain AGA as an employer of choice. The Managing Director, Human Resources must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal and coaching skills, including the ability to resolve disputes and maintain strict confidentiality.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Managing Director, Human Resources will be responsible for ensuring strategic alignment of the AGA workforce and its mission, vision and values through:
Developing and managing a comprehensive compensation and benefits plan and continuously analyzing and recommending strategies and options for improvements, streamlining and/or outsourcing that are competitive and cost effective.
- Ensuring that AGA has human resources practices that are aligned with AGA’s culture, values, strategy, objectives and standards.
- Creating and fostering an environment of positive and proactive employee relations consistent with AGA’s values
- Developing and administering an effective talent acquisition and onboarding program.
- Managing the performance management system.
- Facilitating workforce planning and development activities such as succession management, high potential identification and training and development needs.
- Providing advice and counsel on human resources policies, employee relations, annual compensation planning and conflict resolution matters.
- Fostering collaborative relationships with individuals at all levels within and outside of the organization.
- Developing AGA’s compensation and benefits budgets and 5-year forecasts; developing and managing the Human Resources budget.
- Analyzing and classifying positions.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Providing human resources leadership in a collaborative and facilitative manner.
- Managing annual industry-wide AGA compensation and benefits survey.
- Serving as Staff Executive to and managing the activities of the AGA Labor Relations, Compensation and Benefits Committees and the Workforce Development Task Group comprised of executives of AGA member companies.
- Serving as a member of the Workforce Development Committee of the Center for Energy Workforce Development (CEWD); serving as back-up to the AGA Chief Operating Officer on the Executive Committee of CEWD.
- Managing the Human Resources Generalist