To plan, develop, implement and oversee efforts to identify resources and raise awareness of the Foundation based on a resource development program and strategy. Communicate with the public and press pertaining to specific activities or accomplishments which result from performance of the Federal award (Direct).
FUND DEVELOPMENT DUTIES
- In conjunction with the Director of Development, coordinate all established and new activities pertaining to financial resource development including but not limited to programs for planned and annual giving, major gifts, matching gifts, endowments, bequests and capital campaigns. Plan and direct Foundation and corporate solicitations and appeals;
- Maintain a database, identifying donors for various giving programs. Assure confidentiality and accuracy of donor information. Coordinate direct mail and other fundraising campaigns. Work in conjunction with the manager to analyze demographic and statistical donor data to assist in future solicitation planning;
- Develop and coordinate a plan for donor recognition, retention, renewal and upgrade. Respond to donor concerns and requests. Implement programs to identify prospective contributors and cultivate major donors. Personally solicit gifts from foundations, corporations, community foundations and selected individuals;
- Work with the executive management team to continuously seek to develop new projects and fundraising concepts to ensure long-term and immediate fundraising strategies to address financial sustainability of the Foundation. Provide comprehensive analysis of activities and fund raising programs as requested;
- Develop and direct special event fundraisers and analyze the outcomes and present results to the Foundation’s executive management group;
- Collaborate with the executive management team, Director of Development and Communications team on the marketing of fundraising activities and production and distribution of fundraising print materials, i.e. letters, brochures and campaign packets.
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES (INDIRECT)
- Represent the Foundation at community events. Establish positive relationships with community leaders and serve on community committees, as appropriate. Develop partnerships with community businesses, vendors and individuals. Serve as the Foundation’s spokesperson as needed;
- Collaborate with the Communications team to increase awareness of the Foundation’s programs, outcomes and resources within the community and among PIDF’s funders through social media to ensure a strong understanding of the impact of the work of the Foundation.
Other duties as assigned.
- Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or as directed by the supervisor;
- Position requires regular and predictable attendance;
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the position.
- In an office setting or in the community;
- Some neighbor island travel and attendance at meetings in the community are required;
- May need to travel to the continental U.S.
May include the use of: Personal vehicle, computer and keyboard, scanner, telephone, printer, copier, fax, electronic postage machine, LCD projector and video equipment.
Mental, Physical, and Communication Demands
- Consistent adherence to the practice of PIDF’s five core values that are used as a guiding force in the success of all of its programs;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to focus on multiple tasks;
- Ability to work with various and diverse groups of people;
- Must possess strong analytical thinking and problem-solving;
- Ability to attend to detail.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. occasionally;
- Must be able to perform duties at desk/computer for extended period of time.
- Must exhibit courteous and professional demeanor towards program participants, staff, administration, partner and potential partner agencies, and the general public via verbal, written, physical, and electronic correspondence;
- Must be able to respond to inquiries or concerns in a timely manner;
- Must be comfortable in calling on people/organizations to solicit donations;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required;
- Demonstration of effective communication through a social media platform required;
- Must possess effective presentation skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
All positions require that the incumbent have no convictions of any crime against a child or other vulnerable person. We conduct periodic criminal background checks as a condition of employment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.