The primary purpose of this position is to manage BIO’s front desk Monday through Friday. This position reports to the Manager, Office Operations to accomplish the requirements of organization. This position also will work closely with the Managing Director of Facilities and Office Operations to assist with various requirements of the organization.
Front Desk Activities:
- Assisting with the day to day tasks of BIO’s front desk to ensure the front desk area operates efficiently and employee’s requests are addressed. Addressing any changes or issues; keeping the Managing Director of Facilities and Office Operations informed to accomplish BIO’s objectives of the front desk.
- Acknowledge, greet, and assist all BIO visitors, members and staff in an enthusiastic, professional and hospitable manner.
- Responsible for the switchboard during the hours of 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 pm, 4:30 p.m. -6:00 p.m. as well as various breaks throughout the day.
- Monitor and approve in-house conference room reservation requests through Meeting Room Manager website. Ensure that all requests follow conference room policies prior to approval and assist with any special room set up/breakdown requests for all BIO conference rooms.
- Coordinate with BIO staff to gather information on meetings that require special setup of conference rooms. Ensure this information has been entered correctly into Meeting Room Manager and the facilities team calendar. Lead discussion regarding upcoming meetings during weekly team meetings.
- Responsible for coordination and execution of all special room set up requests for BIO conference rooms. Primary contact to assist employees of BIO with set up/break down of the conference rooms. Train newly hired staff on proper room set up/break down procedure and usage of the catering kitchen.
- Keep and maintain BIO’s tool set and ensure that drill batteries remain charged. Hang pictures, white boards, other wall items, and perform basic maintenance tasks as needed.
- Close BIO’s office following the procedures as described in the Office Operations procedure manual. This includes turning off all TV’s and DVD players.
- Report problems/repairs to Managing Director of Facilities and Office Operations. This includes changing of specialty light bulbs, repairs or maintenance requests assigned by the Managing Director of Facilities and Office Operations.
- Assist with the picture hanging, installation of new furniture or office moves, communicating installation activities to staff as needed.
- Tag furniture and maintain BIO’s master inventory list accordingly (new furniture additions or office moves). Repair and dispose of furniture as necessary.
- Act as contact for pest control visits. Identify and track problem areas for technician to address.
- Ensure all common areas which include conference rooms, kitchens, workrooms, hallways, etc., are clean, neat and organized; free from clutter, boxes, or papers.
- Coordinate with departing BIO staff to ensure office or cubicle is cleaned out in a timely manner prior to the staff member’s end date. Ensure that any files or other non-supply materials that must be retained are moved to the office or cubicle of the staff member who is overtaking their responsibility
- Order, receive and stock canteen products with the approval of the Managing Director of Facilities/Office Operations in accordance with purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions. Process canteen invoices and maintain monthly budget for all canteen products.
- Stocking and back stocking of all copiers daily.
- Sorting and deliver all incoming mail, maintaining the employee mailbox set-up, as well as ensure all outgoing mail and overnight packages are handled appropriately (taken to drop off box or picked up by service).
- Train BIO new hires and temporary help on BIO’s conference room policies, including special room requests, breakdown and set up procedures.
- Copying, faxing and filing as needed.
- Other projects as requested.
ICORE system preferred
Exceptional verbal & written communications
Exceptional Multi-tasking skills
Computer literate specifically MS Word, MS Outlook and MS Excel
Working knowledge of office practices and procedures
Knowledge of Office equipment
Good planning and organization skills
High school, college degree a plus
2 years of general office work experience
Experience working in database software such as Personify is a plus
We offer a competitive benefits package. Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
Biotechnology Innovation Organization Human Resources Department 1201 Maryland Avenue, SW Suite 900 Washington, DC 20024 Phone: 202.962.9200 Fax: 202.488.6308 Email: email@example.com