| POSITION SUMMARY: HEAD WOMEN’S VOLLEYBALL COACH |
The Athletics Department at Menlo College seeks applications for the position of Head Women’s Volleyball Coach. This is a full-time, 11-month, exempt position, and reports to the Director of Athletics. The description of responsibilities below is intended to be a descriptive but not necessarily all-inclusive list.
The Head Women’s Volleyball Coach is responsible for the recruitment/retention of student-athletes and program development in order to produce successfully performing athletes. The individual must be committed to a holistic approach to developing student-athletes as leaders in the classroom, in the community, and on the court.
The Coach must be able to provide leadership, management, and strategic planning for the women’s volleyball program. This includes budgeting, fundraising, staffing, and staff development, supervision of program implementation, facilities planning and management, and evaluation of program effectiveness.
The incumbent must abide by all NAIA, GSAC Conference, and Menlo College Athletic Department rules and regulations. Failure to follow NAIA rules will result in immediate dismissal from Menlo College employment.
• Provide leadership in responding to student needs and College issues related to Menlo’s athletic program.
• Effectively coordinate the recruitment of student-athletes within Menlo College admission standards and policies established by the College and the NAIA.
• Establish a written set of aims, goals, objectives, and values for the women’s volleyball program. • Ongoing professional development opportunities for self and staff relating to coaching and recruiting strategies, and techniques for the purpose of enhancing the program’s competitiveness and the development of student-athletes.
• Actively promote, publicize, and enhance a positive image for Menlo College.
• Determine budget requirements for maintaining and developing the women’s volleyball program. Control spending and monitor the budget.
• Assure that all staff and student-athletes comply with appropriate Menlo and NAIA policies and regulations.
• Evaluate and recommend revisions to policies regarding travel, schedules, and other issues related to the women’s volleyball program.
• Develop a comprehensive plan to foster community service projects, academic success, campus engagement, and character development.
• Responsible for the on-going management, supervision, and development of the Women’s Volleyball Coaching staff. Conduct annual performance evaluations of staff.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.