Frostburg State University, University Advancement Division invites applicants for the full-time, exempt position of Planned Giving Officer. We seek an experienced and enthusiastic development professional looking for a “fresh beginning” while advancing his/her career to the next level. The right candidate will express desire to join an Advancement team just beginning the quiet phase of the University’s next fundraising campaign. Reporting to the Vice President for University Advancement and Executive Director of the FSU Foundation, Inc., the selected individual will support the objectives of Frostburg State University in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors through planned giving vehicles. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes University System of Maryland benefits package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Vice President and Prospect Research Analyst to determine background, strategies, and action steps needed to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward planned giving donors.
- Develop and implement cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for current and potential Old Main Society members (University’s legacy gift society) to ensure their satisfaction through personal meetings, phone calls, mail, email, and other appropriate means including travel and attendance at a variety of on- and off-campus events.
- Serve as an advisor and staff liaison for the campaign’s volunteer planned giving committee.
- Advise staff, volunteers, and board members on gift planning options and opportunities as well as working collaboratively with other members of the Advancement team to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospective and current donors.
- Work with staff and planned giving vendor to develop marketing plans, promotional materials, and direct mail pieces specifically for planned giving target audience.
- Develop strategic goals and programming in coordination with the Office of Alumni Relations staff in promoting planned gifts for the 50th reunion class.
- Meet with Old Main Society members to ensure their satisfaction with existing agreements and answer questions about proposed agreements.
- Perform other duties as required, including participation and collaboration with Advancement colleagues, University leaders and faculty, and volunteers on fundraising and major events such as Homecoming.
This position requires substantial travel within Maryland and surrounding regions, as well as considerable evening and weekend obligations. The option to reside in the Baltimore/Washington area and work remotely may be considered.
To apply, visit https://frostburg.peopleadmin.com.
Application deadline is March 27, 2017.