The Alzheimer's Association is making a difference and so can you!
The Alzheimer's Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research. We are the largest private funder of Alzheimer research and the premier source of information and support for the more than 5 million Americans with Alzheimer’s disease and their 15 million families and caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association was recently recognized as one of the top ten Best Nonprofits in 2016 in the Non-Profit Times 50 Best Places to Work. We are proud to say that this is the seventh year in a row that we’ve won this award! We offer an excellent work environment and career development opportunities, coupled with competitive benefits and pay.
The Alzheimer’s Association National Office is looking for a dynamic, experienced professional to cultivate, solicit and steward major and planned gifts from individuals and families in the eastern region of the U.S., specifically based in either southern Florida or Atlanta to cover territory that includes Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. The ideal candidate will have experience and success in raising gifts at the $10,000 - $1 million+ levels, to work with key stakeholders across the Association to build high-level donor relationships aimed at six- and seven-figure gifts from this geographic area. This position reports to the East Region Director, with a strong and integral partnership with local staff leadership across the southeast.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors at the $10,000 - $1 million+ level, meeting activity metrics and revenue goals.
- Integrate fully onto the team – adding strategic value to the existing major gift efforts. Help to lead a deeper and more expanded major gift program in assigned markets.
- Build and manage a portfolio of 100-125 qualified major gift donors and prospects.
- Proactive prospecting, relationship building and networking to build the portfolio and strengthen the pipeline of major gift donors and prospects.
- Prepare written materials such as visit strategies/briefings, correspondence, solicitation/proposal and pledge documents.
- Maintain strong and accurate records of activities, as directed by team protocol using the national database. Monitor, evaluate, and report on progress and outcomes against agreed upon goals.
- Respond to major and planned gift leads moved to you for follow-up. Work proactively in each community to network and expand portfolio.
- Contribute to the national major and planned gift team as the Alzheimer’s Association continues to build and expand major and principal gifts across the Association.
- Adhere to professionalism and fundraising best practices as demonstrated by moves management industry standards and donor-centered methodology.
- Handle other major and planned gift responsibilities as needed.