Arbor Research Collaborative for Health seeks an experienced financial professional to join our finance team in the role of Planning and Forecasting Analyst. This position will be responsible for the development and preparation of the organization’s annual budget and long-range planning through collaboration with senior leadership and the business development manager, and will make financial performance recommendations using monthly variance analysis. The successful candidate must be results oriented and have experience working collaboratively with non-financial customers. The individual must display excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize workload and support other members of the finance team.
Arbor Research Collaborative for Health, a not-for-profit organization located in Ann Arbor, MI, strives to improve clinical practices, patient outcomes, and health-related public policy through research projects in the United States and internationally. Our multidisciplinary teams of clinicians, biostatisticians, policy analysts, data and project managers, programmers, and other professionals share a passion for high-quality, evidence-based research and take pride in collective achievement. We seek to grow our diverse and dynamic staff to help us address the pressing health-care challenges of today and tomorrow.
More information about this opportunity and the benefit program at Arbor Research is available on the careers page at www.ArborResearch.org.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and preparation of the organization’s annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and monthly reporting working closely with program area partners to understand and challenge inputs to improve accuracy.
- Responsible for the monthly variance analysis along with relevant commentary on variances, trends in performance, and recommendations for improvement.
- Responsible for the timely recording of payroll hours and costs in compliance with DCAA requirements.
- Design and maintain the organization’s time tracking system ensuring data integrity, ongoing development and monitoring of data quality and standards in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Responsible for the administration and security of Adaptive Solutions and Timekeeping solution, as it aligns with the organizational needs.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reporting and business reviews along with the preparation of key financial presentations as requested.
- Support the VP Finance with Finance/Audit Committee activities including the creation of presentations, financial statements, and other information, as requested.
- Assist the VP Finance in the development of financial best practices and process improvements, and implement across the organization relating to financial planning and forecasting.
- Collaborate with the VP Finance to develop, maintain, and analyze budgets for proposals, projects and the overall organization.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Manager with financial data to be included in the business/strategic; projected income statement, break-even analysis, projected surplus/deficit, projected cash flow and standard ratios.
- Collaborate with other finance team members to ensure priorities and standards are met for the end-user community using JIRA as an oversight and maintenance tool.
- Responsible for the planning, training and incorporating recommendations for the Net Suite end-users group.
- As a member of the finance/accounting team, provide cross-over and back-up support to team members as necessary.
General administrative supervision is received from the VP Finance. Close collaboration is expected with the finance team, Business Development Manager, program teams and senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance with at least 4 years progressively more responsible financial or business analysis experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS), and financial statement preparation.
- Familiarity with accounting tasks, such as bank reconciliations, posting journal entries, etc.
- Ability to perform work requiring advanced knowledge; generally used to analyze, interpret and make decisions from varying facts and circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and maintain focused work in a high volume, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications. Strong proficiency in creating and maintaining spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree
- CPA experience
- Non-profit experience
- NetSuite financial system experience
- Knowledge of and experience with government contracting (DCAA, FARs, OMB) and experience in A-133 audits
- Health research background
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
Visit http://www.arborresearch.org/Careers.aspx to apply. Job Applicants must submit a personalized cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
No Recruiters or Staffing Firms please
Arbor Research Collaborative for Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Arbor Research Collaborative for Health provides reasonable accommodation upon request, in accordance with State and Federal laws.
E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.