Working under the direction of the Director of Philanthropy, the Major Giving Officer is responsible for development of the Leadership Circle, recognizing and engaging donors of $1,200 - 10,000 to KCTS 9’s general operating fund, and developing and implementing strategy for acquiring gifts of $1,200 - 10,000. This includes strategy development, coordination with senior staff and the President’s Office, and strategic collaboration with volunteers including the KCTS 9 Board. This position assists with prospect research and management strategy. This position also works with the Director of Philanthropy on developing, planning and executing other major donor cultivation and stewardship opportunities and events.
Qualified applicants please apply here.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage relationships with a portfolio of 100-125 prospective donors ($1,000 - 10,000) in Washington and Canada
2. Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward individuals while working collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, the Senior Management Team, and other members of the Development team
3. Assist with developing a Major Giving Strategic Plan based on KCTS 9’s goals and objectives
4. Cultivate relationships primarily through personal visits along with regular phone and letter contact
5. Serve as a well-informed representative and advocate for KCTS 9
1. Attend development planning meetings and development department meetings
2. Coordinate prospect plans with President & CEO, Director of Philanthropy, Director of Corporate Sponsorship, Planned Giving Officer and Major Gifts staff
3. Maintain effective communications with volunteers, Production and Accounting
4. Develop and maintain relationships with business and community leaders
5. Develop and maintain relationships with other Major Giving Officers in the community
6. Work with the Board as appropriate