Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Membership & Strategic Services, the Director of Digital Fundraising is responsible for front-end operations, ensuring engaging content, strategic alignment and brand compliance. This position works alongside internal and external stakeholders to launch innovative digital marketing campaigns as they relate to fundraising and oversees implementation of strategies and tactics associated with online giving, engagement and acquisition.
This position plays an important role in supporting an inclusive organizational culture that is grounded in trust and accountability to shared goals and outcomes. TWS has made diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic priorities for the organization and the Director of Digital Fundraising will integrate these priorities throughout our online work. Across our team, we aspire to be campaign oriented, nimble, collaborative, innovative, transparent, and supportive of staff – our greatest asset.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops high-level digital fundraising strategy including messaging, communications calendar, platforms, target audiences, and segmentation strategy.
- Manages day-to-day tactical campaign execution to ensure strong growth of digital revenue.
- Sets the annual online revenue and expense goals, and is responsible for meeting those goals.
- Manages external vendors and consultants against contract deliverables and SOWs.
- Works with third parties like Care2, Greater Goods, and Facebook to continue growth of the online community through acquisition efforts.
- Works closely with the Digital and Marketing strategy leads to expand the online community, and develop and implement fundraising strategies on the web site and other digital platforms.
- Collaborates with other members of the Philanthropy team, including Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Donor Relations, to coordinate messaging, share metrics, and develop integrated strategies.
- Integrates online messaging/communications with other direct response campaigns and corporate communications to ensure messaging cohesiveness and coordination across the organization.
- Develops and implements new programs to increase efficiency, maximize donor stewardship, and leverage database management.
- Manages internal department budget, tracks all invoices/expenses, provides regular written reports and commentary to management.
- Builds on the success of the current digital programs by utilizing leading-edge data analytics and predictive modeling techniques to grow the donor base and net revenue.
- Generates and monitors performance reports across web, email, social and CRM, to measure strategic outcomes and improve tactical processes in coordination with other established metrics.
- Makes strategic, data-driven decisions to drive channel optimization, including email segmentation, web layout and paid ad targeting in coordination with the Digital Strategy and Marketing team.
- Works closely with the Digital Strategy and Marketing team on the administration and development of website, social channels and donation platform as related to fundraising efforts.
- Oversees new enhancements to systems including workflows, email alerts, automation, lead scoring, auto-generated reports and email templates.
- Coordinates with the Digital Strategy team on web optimization plan for usability and site performance against acquisition, fundraising and engagement goals.
- Acts as Project Manager for any technical enhancements or implementations as related to fundraising management systems, including platform migration and data coordination.
- Manages strategy, testing and implementation for donation form optimization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.