Please apply through:
Position Title: Manager, Corporate Alliances
Location: Washington, DC
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reports to (supervisor): Director, Corporate Alliances; Senior Director, Corporate Alliances
Date: March 1, 2017
Support the Corporate team in the development of new corporate partnerships as well as manage existing partnerships, particularly in relation to expanding team capacity for the 50th Anniversary Campaign. Assist the Vice President of Corporate Alliances on special projects as assigned.
- Manages small- to mid-size corporate partners supporting all areas of the Movement, including 50th Anniversary initiatives; support Account Directors on marque global partnership initiatives.
- Assists in program development for each partner within the assigned portfolio to optimize relationships and help companies maximize their fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Researches and creates presentations, marketing and communications plans, both independently, and as part of a team. Develops and/or reviews marketing collateral, press releases and other campaign resources.
- Collaborates on promotional implementation of cause programs and manages account service for corporate partners.
- Leads communications with Special Olympics Programs (domestic and international) on activating partnerships locally.
- Design, implement, and coordinate volunteer engagement opportunities for corporate partners in support of local Programs.
- Assists in planning and coordinating stewardship activities. Ensures that personal and timely acknowledgements are sent in response to gifts, and that partners receive regular and appropriate communications, invitations, meeting reports, etc.
- Maintains accurate data and reports progress regularly. Creates and manages appropriate tracking system for reporting activities.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands Special Olympics mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues with 3-5 years of experience working in this or a closely related field.
- QUALITY OF WORK: Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- INITIATIVE: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
- TEAMWORK: Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
- WORK ETHICS/HABITS: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance and punctuality requirements.
- SERVICE QUALITY: Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
- COMMUNICATION : Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM platform
- Bachelor’s Degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Interest in and/or experience with sports, health, fitness and people with intellectual disabilities
- Experience working with international organizations and people from different cultures
Note: Position is expected to be funded through 2021 but is contingent on continued campaign funding.
Special Olympics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans are welcomed and encouraged.
Employment with Special Olympics is ‘at-will.’