SHEA’s mission is to promote the prevention of healthcare-associated infections and antibiotic resistance and to advance the fields of healthcare epidemiology and antibiotic stewardship. SHEA improves public health by setting infection prevention guidelines and optimizing antibiotic use among healthcare providers. We do all of this by leading research studies, translating research into clinical practice, developing smart policy, promoting antibiotic stewardship, and advancing the field of healthcare epidemiology. SHEA 2,000 members are leaders in infection prevention and share a common interest to improve patient outcomes. Together, we are working to build a safer, healthier future for all.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Education and Meetings is responsible for the strategic planning and oversight of the Society’s medical education initiatives, including continuing medical education and planning of all our meetings as well as oversight of the Society’s ACCME accreditation and vendor management related to educational initiatives.
Program Management and Content Development
- Oversight of the Society’s medical education initiatives, including continuing medical education and maintenance of certification programs
- Maintenance of the Society’s ACCME accreditation
- Direct the development of curriculum and program content in concert with society leadership for meetings and educational programs, which includes print, web-based and multi-media material
- Needs assessment, survey analysis and outcomes assessment
- Oversee all vendor management related to educational programming, including contract negotiation and budgeting
- Oversee annual meetings logistics including, but not limited to, catering, staffing, travel, audio-visual/other technology, printing, and supplies
- Staff liaison to the Education Committee, IDWeek Planning Committee, SHEA Spring Conference Planning Committee
- Manage curriculum development and oversight for all educational programs (live and online)
- Work with committee volunteers on online learning initiative for our members
- Work with our Director of Communications to develop comprehensive marketing plans for all conferences educational offerings including the creation of all email blasts, social media outreach, and newsletter blurbs
- Responsible for project financial management, monitoring budget and ensuring all expenditures are authorized, reported and processed appropriately and ensuring all client invoices are prepared and submitted in a timely basis. Reviews vendor invoices, ensuring costs are allocated appropriately
- Assesses and provides annual evaluation of quality improvement for SHEA educational programming.
- Create and analyze online evaluations and prepare post-event reports
- Spearhead the organizational compliance with ACCME guidelines for CME program design, acquisition and use of commercial support.
- Ensures necessary documentation for ACCME accreditation is completed annually
- Ensures conflict of interest review and resolution process is consistently implemented.
- Implements evaluation, survey and other methods to identify ongoing practice gaps and performance improvement of SHEA’s CME offerings.
- Implements consistent pre- and post-meeting assessments to gauge impact on performance improvement, program value and unmet needs that informs educational programming of SHEA.
- Oversees and manages the SHEA completion of CME, CNE and CPE credentialing, compliance and related processes as needed.