Position Summary: Providing general assistance to the CropLife America Communications department and tactical support for department-wide projects and events, including editorial support and graphic design. Additional duties and responsibilities include administrative support of the communications department by performing a wide range of duties of a highly responsible, autonomous, confidential and deadline-oriented nature requiring comprehensive knowledge of organizational policies, practices and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Determine content, format and distribute This Week & Next weekly newsletter.
- Assist in research and writing of feature and background articles and press releases.
- Layout and distribution of association newsletters as needed, including editorial support and proofreading.
- Support in-house editorial and content needs for social media, website and print materials.
- Prepare agendas, briefing materials and minutes for Communications Outreach Committee (COC).
- Compile reports, agendas, minutes, briefing and background material for Communications Outreach Committee (COC) and other departmental meetings.
- Facilitate meetings, including conference room reservations, catering, clean up, AV and serving as point person.
- Assist in coordination of media events including press conferences, television segments, etc.
- Provide general administrative support as needed.
Website and Multimedia
- Assist in and act as backup for posting materials to the CropLife America websites in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with design of in-house graphics for newsletters, social media outreach, web banners, etc.
- Assist in providing photography support for association events as needed.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with an ability to produce effective communications materials, including the ability to distill complex and/or technical information into concise, influential external communications using a variety of communication vehicles.
- Strong attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Document layout experience and knowledge and aptitude for graphic design.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Strong analytical, interpretive, evaluative and constructive thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.