Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President for Administrative Services and Treasurer, the Associate Vice President for Business Services and Deputy Treasurer is an active participating member of the President's Cabinet. The position is responsible to direct the College's financial operations/business services, including: external and internal financial reporting; long range and annual budgeting; controller's office (bursar, payroll, payables, receivables, auxiliary accounting); financial systems and controls; grant and foundation accounting; treasury/debt management; as well as procurement, contracts and negotiations, receiving, and risk management operations and special projects.
Discretionary Scope of Assignment:
- All duties are performed under the general supervision of the Executive Vice President for Administrative Services and Treasurer.
Supervisory Scope of Assignment:
- Supervise staff assigned to the Business Services Division
- Administer all functions related to business and financial services of the College including College fiscal agent requirements for related entities, outside programs and grants.
- Recommend allocation of financial resources in a manner that achieves the maximum level of productivity and quality at a minimum cost to the College.
- Direct the accounting and reporting of College revenues and expenditures in accordance with established guidelines; ensure that College books of accounts and maintained in accordance with accepted accounting principles and in compliance with federal and state laws and Board requirements.
- Oversee all financial systems and related work procedures; ensure integrity of financial transactions made on behalf of the College. Oversee the ongoing development, maintenance and effective utilization of the College's financial and related operational management information systems.
- Supervise, as well as be involved in, preparation of all financial reports, cost studies, financial data, and budgets as required by the Board, the President, President's Cabinet, outside agencies, and governmental authorities.
- Coordinate completion and communication of all audits of the College's financial records under federal and/or state requirement including related entities, outside programs and grants.
- Develop, implement and coordinate long-range comprehensive fiscal models (10 year, recurring basis) that fully tie into the College's long-range strategic plan and annual goals.
- Coordinate the development and presentation of the College's annual operating capital budgets. Ensure that College expenditures conform to these budgets as well as to Board and administrative policy.
- As Deputy Treasurer, analyze and develop comprehensive treasury and debt management programs for the College and its relevant outside programs/entities. Recommend solutions to the Treasurer and implements appropriate actions. Provide similar treasury responsibilities for The Lakeland Foundation's assets.
- Coordinate and control the fiscal and business integrity of contracts entered into by the College; directly negotiate fiscal and certain business contracts (e.g., banking services, investment management services). Ensure that the College pursues low-cost, high-quality alternatives to current fiscal and business operations, procurement and contracts.
- Research and fully understand state and federal laws relative to procurement, capital investment and other business activities and recommend decisions.
- Oversee risk management efforts; recommend issuance of property and casualty insurance policies required to protect the College, its employees and its students. Work closely with Purchasing, Facilities Management, Police and Human Resources in establishing and maintaining loss prevention controls.
- Advise the Executive Vice President of resolutions necessary for compliance with fiscal and tax statutes.
- Develop and document policies and procedures for the College and the Business Services management and staff development and training.
- Assume responsibility for the preparation of and oversee the Business Services Division Budget.
- Perform other projects as assigned by the Executive Vice President for Administrative Services and Treasurer.